Linda Fosdick, Associate Broker

When you are visiting Lake Anna, whether or not it’s related to your real estate search, I want you to come, have fun and be safe. You can visit Lake Anna for the day by launching your boat or personal watercraft at one of the local marinas. A few things I suggest that you keep in mind in preparing for your trip to the lake:

• You will need a fishing license when fishing on Lake Anna. You can obtain your fishing license online before you head to the lake at the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries website. The license will be e-mailed to you and you can print it out before you leave home. If you need to purchase a license after arriving at the lake, they can be purchased at any of the area marinas, check this website for exact locations: DGIF License Agents

• Virginia has changed their Boating Safety licensing requirements. This website will provide helpful details: DGIF Virginia Boating Safety Education Requirements.

• The Virginia Watercraft owners guide is a valuable resource/tool for all boaters.

• For additional information about our local Lake Anna U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, visit their website:Lake Anna Home Port.

• To participate in local Lake Anna Safe Boating Classes the schedule can be found at: Lake Anna Safe Boating.

• Online classes are available for both Boating Safety Courses and Personal Watercraft courses through commercial vendors. Several options for state approved safe boating and personal watercraft (PWC) courses will provide training for the necessary certification.

Attention Personal WaterCraft (jet ski) Operators:

Please be aware that as of July 1, 2009, the rules in Virginia have changed. All Personal Watercraft (PWC) operators 20 years old or younger need to meet the revised safe boating education requirement and obtain appropriate certification. Please note this important information:

• Children under age 14 are not permitted to operate a Personal WaterCraft (jet ski)

• Individuals 14-20 years of age may operate a Personal WaterCraft (PWC) only after taking a state approved safe boating class, passing the exam, and receiving a certificate of completion. They must then carry this certificate of completion with them while operating a Personal WaterCraft. This certificate of completion from an approved safe boating class may qualify for a reduction on your boat/PWC insurance. Your insurance provider can provide further details.